Thursday, April 12, 2012

Saint Everyday

I haven't blogged in a while. because I was home with family and friends for Easter.  This trip home I have had the opportunity to spend lots of time with a friend or family member in the car as we drove here and there trying to pack it all in to a whirlwind tour while I was home.  And also I mostly finished reading My life with the Saints and one thing that James Martin, SJ emphasizes more and more is that we all have a vocation to be holy.
we are not or cannot be called to be Mother Teresa, Thomas Merton, Aloysius of Gonzaga or any of the hundreds of others the Church (capital C being the institution) have deemed as Worthy.

we are called to be more and more ourselves.
and there is this deep longing within me to adhere to that calling.

I think i found what I want to talk about as a blogger-- I didn't really want to talk about myself for the whole thing.  I mean nice for me to type and process, but since I am not having an 'other worldly experience' like my friend Tiffany who is having an experience unlike what we have had, I assume it is boring for you to read.  I would like to blog about saints.  and holiness.
(duh, I thought that was what we were doing already, Rachel!)  I know.  I just telling you that.  I am making it Facebook Official.

No comments:

Post a Comment