I was proctoring the ACT this morning and the most random song popped into my head. It goes like this.
"Groovin. On a Sunday afternoon" but it is one of those songs that like you get in your head. and you can sing the tune, and maybe dance around a little. but you can't sing--and not because of the 28 students you are proctoring their ACT for. but because you don't know many of the words besides the "ah-ah-ah"
So i started this blog with a tangent--instead of putting it in the middle.
When I opened my blog I was going to title it "Wouldn't it be nice," which of course made me think of the Beatles (and the scene from 50 First Dates) and Groovin.
but, wouldn't it be nice if I got to the end of my day and could blog about the saintliness that i observed or participated in during that day? Like "hey guys, look at this--this is what we are called to do!" And I think that some of that would be reflected in an Examan of Conscious, which is very popular in Ignatian Spirituality. It is an end of the day prayer of a few steps:
1. Start your prayer by realizing you are in the presence of the Divine. Relax and Remember
2. Recall the gifts and graces in your life A) for the gifts that are always with you and B) for the gifts of this day.
3. Examen how you lived this day. A) Replay the day's events B) ask How did I respond to God's gift today? How might I have responded better?
4. Respond to talk directly to God. Be honest and open with the events of your day, your motivations, your responses.
5. Give God the next day.
And I have very minimally described the Examen here, but a quick internet search, or talk with a minister will help you find one that might already be written in a way you understand it best. But the goal is to not necessarily list all of the places and choices that we screwed up, but to become more aware of God's presence in our lives and to be able to be more thankful for that presence.
Also, wouldn't it be nice if I were witty enough to start each blog post so it would read "What's that I hear?" and then the title would be a legitimate answer? I will work on that too. (today was closish. what's that i hear? there's a song in my head.)
No comments:
Post a Comment