So, I wanted to say thank you for not complaining today. Seriously!
since i write so late at night i magine that you don't read this til the morning and i want to remember to start the posts positive. Do you have a friend who does something that irks you? i am not talking about pet peeves, but like something that just really gets your goat and is also part of their character. Today I had a great experience that maybe sometimes your friend doesn't necessarily like that character trait either. and I wanted to sincerely thank you for not complaining.
One day in the fact room the teachers were complaining about sophomores. Do you remember being a sophomore in high school? I have fragmented memories, but for those of you who may have forgotten, sophomores are surly, awkward, trying to make a reputation for themselves. and loud, obnoxious, snotty. [exaggeration used freely] and so when teachers get together it is very easy to complain about sophomores. But I am reminded once when our athletic director said, "Hey, let's talk about the sophomores we like!" Thank you for not complaining.
Tuesdays is See Jane Run days and I run with Erica. I hope she knows how much I look forward to that 39 minutes to run 3.1 miles up and down hills of San Francisco with her. And don't get me wrong it's arduous, at the end of the day, we run at the way back of the pack. And so it is very easy to complain about it. But somwhere around 2.5 miles Erica said, "Hey did you notice I'm not complaining today?" Thank you for not complaining.
Please know that when you spend a moment to change a behavior you don't like, it might not get noticed in the short term. Someone might not say, "thank you, i noticed, i appreciate what you are doing for our relationship." but know that it is worth it. Thank you!
And for the rest of us. maybe we can show our appreciation by working on one of our undesiarable traits. Me? I make faces, and a lot of it i am realizing turns other people off. So I am going to try to keep my faces under control today, especially when I am interacting with the person I seem to make the most faces around.
I love this!!! So much!!! Thank you for NOT Complaining. I ought to post this on my office door! :)
ReplyDeleteYes just remember that it is not supposed to be passive aggressive :-)
DeleteYou're welcome =]
ReplyDeleteThis is exactly what friendships are supposed to be...rejoicing in the other's gifts and talents, highlighting their strengths, but also lifting them up in their weaknesses.
I hope you don't make a face at this...haha too soon?